Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mrs Facebook

I am a social networking addict. There, I've said it. I just can't help it, I love Facebook, Twitter and more recently, Google+.

I didn't realise quite how much stuff I was posting until someone stopped me in the supermarket and saidt "Hello Mrs Facebook, you've been getting around a lot!" I must admit I was quite taken aback and since then I've had quite a few more comments thrown my way of a similar ilk. 

So, what to do? Do I ignore the comments about my frequent Facebook presence or has the time come for me to justify my Facebook habit? After all what I choose to post and the emphasis here is definitely on my choice, is my decision and the truth is that I won't post anything that I feel doesn't have a place in the public domain. I have a strictly private and family life that is not up for discussion at all. I post what I want people to see or what I think they will find interesting or funny. 

We lead a global life in this, the second decade of the 21st century. I have friends and family all over the world, it's impossible to keep in touch with everyone on an individual basis all the time. Facebook allows me  to share news, views, photos and interests, send birthday wishes, greetings, even condolences with the people in my life and on the periphery. I have rekindled friendships with people that I lost touch with over the years, I even belong to a photographic group where we share and critique our pictures on a weekly basis. 

What I want to say to those who think maybe I'm making my life too public, or sharing my location with too frequently is this; if you don't like me block me! You can choose not to have me in your life. I love Facebook and I have no intention of signing off just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment