Saturday, January 19, 2019

Is it OK to be a Tortoise



My Clearing  Physical and Emotional Clutter Course is going very slowly and seems to be focusing on slowing things right down in order to reduce stress and make me  approach my days in a intentional and mindful manner.


I was a bit concerned about slowing down even more and was feeling quite resistant but then realised that I am actually one of life’s tortoises. 


Some people do well working under pressure, they multi task, leave things to the last minute and then put on a huge sprint at the end. The adrenaline that they generate gives them a natural high and they seem to always pull things off, even when they seem impossible. So they are always haring around. 


Not me, I am a tortoise. I don’t particularly do well at multitasking,  I Ieave too many things undone. I prefer to do less things but do them well. I like to prepare and plan ahead and take my time and arrive at my destination in a relative state of calm. 


Can a tortoise become a hare? I don’t know. Do I want to become a hare?  I’m not sure. Well actually I’m getting to accept my tortoiseness and am feeling  much  better with the realisation that I don’t have to do everything and be everything, all I have to do is the best I can in my own good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment