Thursday, January 3, 2019

Life in the Slow Lane

Life in the Slow Lane


Having succumbed to,two nasty viruses in two weeks certainly slowed me down. Thank goodness I’m recovered and feel much more like my old self. I have to admit that I have quite enjoyed the slowing down process, it’s given me time to do things that I usually deny myself because I’m too busy. 


Nothing exciting, my Hebrew lessons, reading, watching TV, things I would call guilty pleasures. 

Why should I feel guilty about doing things that I enjoy, give me pleasure and grow from? A life of practising delayed gratification because I have  more important things to do. What if this is  the time for me to spend more time doing the things I really enjoy? What if I benefited more from doing the things that I enjoy the most, not as a reward but as part of my growth.? What is wrong with slowing right down and just smelling the coffee for a while.? Maybe my slowing down will create more mental space for me to work out exactly where I am going.? 


Possibly I caught the viruses because my body knew that’s what was required to get me to slow down . I’ve quite enjoyed spending time here in my Jerusalem home. I’m here for another week and intend to keep it slow. 


I had a really delicious breakfast this morning at Roladin. Creamed spinach on toast, topped with two eggs and Parmesan cheese, a dish I would quite like to have a go at recreating. Maybe on the next lazy Sunday! 


Attachment.jpeg


No comments:

Post a Comment